– collection and use of personal information
Handling of personal information – fulfilment of contract
In connection with your purchase from capelo, you have given personal information including (but not limited to)
•Your e-mail address
•Your telephone number
•Your payment information
We use this information to expedite your purchase, as it is necessary for us to fulfil our portion of the transaction. We retain this information for a period of 5 years in compliance with the regulations in Bogføringsloven (Denmark’s Accounting Law). At the end of this period your details will be deleted.
If you have ordered delivery your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will be given to our shipping company – currently GLS, DSV or DHL/TNT – so they can deliver your purchase.
Handling of personal information – consent
If you have subscribed to our newsletter (checked the ’Yes please – the newsletter is sent once a month’ box) we will use your e-mail address and infomation about your purchase until it is no longer relevant – in practice, until you no longer wish to receive e-mails from us.
You can withdraw your consent at any time. You can do that by either using the link included at the bottom of our e-mails or by contacting us via email@example.com and informing us that you no longer want to receive our newsletter and offers.
Collection of personal information
The collection of personal information by capelo takes place within the parameters of existing regulations and the EU’s general regulations regarding data protection (GDPR).
capelo collects user information from 3 sources:
– From cookies when you visit our websites, for example IP-address, country, pages viewed, categories viewed, brands viewed, interactions/clicks and searches.
– From purchases, for example demographic data, e-mail address, payment information, products, order amount, brands and frequency. This includes transactions e-mails, for example order confirmation & shipment confirmation.
– From user behavior and engagement with the transmitted communication including e-mails, for example opening rate, click patterns and areas of interest.
The purpose of collecting this information serves different areas:
– Obligations. To fulfil our obligations to you as a customer or user of our service – for example purchase, billing, customer service and customer club.
– Customer service. To perform customer service via e-mail, chat or telephone. To answer questions regarding and order or earlier orders, correct mistakes and advise customers.
– Marketing. To show inspiration, product offers/services and personal recommendations via web, e-mail and third-party marketing.
– Customer experience. To improve customer experience and interaction with capelo – for example personalisation of customer experience and development of new functions and products. This includes administration, protection, operation and maintenance of our websites, system administration and security, consent to statistics about use of the site and purchases and to improve understanding of our customers favourite products.
– Fraud and risk. To prevent fraud and perform reasonable risk assessment.
– Law. To comply with current legislation.
When you visit capelo, we collect information about visits to the website. We use this information to improve your customer experience, evaluate use of individual elements of the site and support our marketing.
Browsing the site may trigger a service e-mail.
capelo collects your browsing behaviour (for example categories and products viewed) to improve communication of relevant products and offers to meet you. An example of this collection are the products added to your shopping basket but not purchased. This may trigger a service e-mail reminding you about the products left in your shopping basket. If you do not want to receive an e-mail about uncompleted orders you can unsubscribe via the link at the bottom of the service e-mail.
Regardless of whether we use your personal information to fulfil a contract or with your consent, we will always handle your information securely and confidentially in accordance with applicable laws, including the Personal Data Regulation and the Data Protection Act.
Your information will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected and will be deleted when this purpose is fulfilled or no longer relevant. We use third parties to handle your payment information – Quickpay. We have data handling agreements with these third parties, which is our guarantee that they comply with relevant regulations about the protection of your personal information.
We use different analytical tools – Google Analytics, for example – to help us collect statistics about the use of the capelo websites and to give you a better experience.
capelo works together with businesses to improve our online advertising and ensure that you see only ads that are relevant to you. For this purpose, we work with the following suppliers: Facebook, Tradetracker, Youtube, Instagram and Google.
Information, objection, correction, data portability and deletion
You are always free to contact us regarding which of your personal information we hold. You can do this by contacting us:
Phone.: 43 474 272
If any of your information is incorrect, you can request that it be corrected. You also have the right to get your personal information in a commonly-used format (data portability). If you want to request a portable copy of your data or make changes, you are welcome to contact us at the e-mail address above. If you would like us to stop handling your personal information, or limit the handling of this information, please contact us at the e-mail address above. If you want to withdraw consent of your e-mail address (so we can send you newsletters and relevant offers) you can do so at any time by using the ’Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the e-mail.
If you would like to lodge a complaint about capelo’s handling of your personal information please contact Datatilsynet (the Danish Data Protection Agency): Borgergade 28,5., DK-1300 København, DENMARK / telephone +45 33 19 32 00 / e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.